When you think about it writing a blog, about writing, is actually rather tricky. It's not like a fashion blog where I can snip a few pictures from a MODE magazine and discuss my love and hates of this seasons trends, it's not like a holiday blog where I can snap pictures of amazing places and gush over all the details of how marvellous it all is. Part of me thinks that writing a blog, about writing, is perhaps one of the most original things to attempt, I have to write about my own imagination as well as trying to embrace a range of potentially different audiences...I call this the "Blog Blot."
The biggest question i'm asking myself the day after setting this shenanigan up is, "what exactly do I write about now?"
* It's all very well writing about my own work but is that what people want to hear?
* How can I keep it interesting, colourful and to the point?
I've googled "writers blogs" and, sure, a lot comes up but the majority of blogs I've found are based around NaNoWriMo (NationalNovelWritingMonth), which is all fine and dandy in the months prior to, during and after, (October, November, December), but I seem to have hit upon a dud time of the year to star blogging, NaNo is over and the other writing blogs I've seen are mainly all professional writers and columnists with busy schedules and a lot to say for themselves. I, on the other hand, am a first year University Student with little worldly knowledge of writing and a big imagination. Although I'm convinced that half the information churned out by most 'professionals' are made up along the way.
Improvisation? Sure!
(PictureCredit:http://tripeak.deviantart.com/ )
No comments:
Post a Comment